Search This Blog

Friday 8 June 2012

C is For Cutting...

CUTTING....

How many times have you been to a salon and requesting 'a small trim' to come out with 3 inches of growth hacked off? Welcome to the world of scissor happy stylists! I have had a notable experience with one- when he did cut off about 3 inches of my hair. Luckily I'm not 'precious' about my hair so it didn't irk me so much. These hairdressers may be a bit too enthusiastic but that's no excuse for refusing a trim to hold on to a bit of gained length. Here are my tips for cutting and trimming.

  1. You can always ask a hairdresser for a dusting which is when about a quarter of an inch of hair is snipped off. Please note if your hair is damaged you should eventually get a proper trim.
  2. You shouldn't use regular kitchen scissors to cut your hair if you are just snipping individual knots then those scissors are fine, but for a DIY trim use scissors
  3. Detangle your hair before self trims.
  4. You shouldn't always listen to peoples advice on trimming. For example i have been told to trim my hair every two months, but that isn't always necessary if my hair isn't thinning or has a lot of knots. Listen to your hair.
For more help with trims, watch this video from Vlogger Naptural85. She's Awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JAoKRgcvKA


No comments:

Post a Comment